Wear PlatesWear Plates are produced using high carbon and alloy steels which can then be heat treated for additional wear and or strength. Star's two production lines preform multiple operations including forming, punching, trimming and heat treat.
Star Manufacturing specializes in production of wear plates weighing from 2 to 20 pounds for the agriculture and railroad industries. Our unique equipment and tooling configurations provide customers with cost benefits and high quality parts.
Typical Materials Processed
- Mid to High Carbon - C1055 thru C1095
- Alloys - including 4140 5160 and 1541
- 2 to 20 pound parts
- 3/8" to 1" thick
- 2000 pound per hour batch furnace
- 2500 pound per hour batch furnace
- Multiple presses: 200 ton thru 400 ton
- Quench and heat treat